Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The politeness of wearing makeup/pedicure

Two weeks ago, I took a dance class. It was the first class of the semester. When I registered, they only told students to wear comfortable shirt, pants and sports shoe. However, when we entered the classroom, the teacher asked everyone to take shoes off. All of sudden, some people looked at each other and discussed lightly how embarrassed they are because of old pedicure or didn't wear pedicure at al. They said if they've known we are going to have the shoes off, we'll make sure our feet is being taking care of.
First, I was so shocked to hear that and second, I felt embarrassed too because I did not wear both pedicure and makeup. With the age growing, I realize the importance of giving people nice impressions. And it all start with wearing makeup. I knew it is polite to wear makeup and even in some research, they proof that with the same working ability, women wear makeup has higher chance to be hired than women don't.
Gradually, manicure and pedicure is getting into the market and now it is also important to pay attention to your hands and feet women!
I have my pedicure done after the class, next time I won't be afraid to show my bare feet. However, one thing I still can not conquer is to wear makeup daily. I'll just do it when I am going to have a interview or special date. Maybe one day, if I start to feel embarrassed of my own clear face, I will makeup myself more @.@

2 comments:

  1. very interesting....i did tend to wear makeup more when I was doing office job, but now I'm working with the kids...nah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I think it really depends on the event you are attending. It is just I never think about this pedicure thing... now I am more cautious ^^

    ReplyDelete