Sunday, April 12, 2009
USA 50 States Quarter collecting mission complete!
4/11/2009 is my lucky day.
The story began with a trip to visit Tiffany to get stuff mom bought me.
She live 40 minutes north from me.
I took the toll road so I can reach there faster.
It cost me 60 cents that day, for some reason, I didn't feel like to get 40 cents change from a dollar.
I felt like to get two quarters and I had the good feeling that I might get the Hawaii quarter I am dreaming of.
If you remember, the Hawaii quarter is the only one I need now to complete my map.
I followed my instinct, gave the clark $1.10. He kindly asked if I want two quarters and I responded "Yes please".
He handed me two quarters and I checked them while driving away the booth.
The quarter was so shining, it is a pattern I've never seen, I believe it is Hawaii quarter.
Focus on driving, but I couldn't stop but looked at my quarter again and confirmed it is a Hawaii quarter.
What a wonderful surprise! I was so exciting so I drove and laughing all the way and I even shout out loud "Hawaii!!!!"
The feeling is so good and I thought, maybe today is my lucky day.
Tiffany's friend Jenny, Tiffany and I went to a famous restaurant for Taiwanese breakfast as lunch.
Then we decide to do some shopping in the largest shopping mall here.
The mall is huge, and there are filled with people and cars.
We spent 30 minutes circled around and couldn't get any parking spot.
We kept circling, waiting, and following.. no luck come to us.
Spots always being taken by a car in front of us...
We were so disappointed and I said: Maybe I should take my lucky Hawaii quarters out, rubbing it, see if it will bring us good luck. At the same time, I took it out, rubbing it and said: Lucky Hawaii quarter, bring us a parking spot!
A miracle happened, and I still can't believe it really worked! A car just came out ahead of us and then we parked in.
Isn't that great? My lucky Hawaii quarter brings me good luck.
We shopped around the mall, watched a movie "Monsters and Aliens 3D" with large popcorn and soda.
Then we got bubble tea ^.^
Had dinner in a nice Chinese restaurant. We share and had $4 left, so we decide to buy lottery tickets all because of my lucky quarter.
Three of us excitingly drove to liquor store to get lotteries and a funny news "the lottery system all across USA break down".
We couldn't get the tickets today.
The responsibility fall on me, I promise I'll get it today and if we win, we share the price.
I forgot today is easter, worked hard in school all day and planned to get lottery in supermarket.
When I arrive supermarket, it was closed!! So~ no lottery today as well.
Tomorrow I am going to get it, use two number sets from our fortune cookie and select two random.
I'll keep rubbing my lucky Hawaii quarter while entry the tickets.
I'll keep it with me until the day they announce the winner.
Will it be us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment