Sunday, September 27, 2009

Zauberflöte, Die

Metropolitan Opera House Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Finally I get to see the real opera in New York.
The Metropolitan Opera House is an amazing place and is extremely beautiful.
Last year I tried to get a ticket to see Zauberflöte, Die (Magic flute) but didn't get the good luck to get the discount ticket.
This time, I purchased my cheapest ticket early and was assigned to seat on the high level with partial view.
You get what you pay for, $22.5 it is a good price to see an opera.
However, I did do some homework and knowing even if you seat far in the highest back, you can still hear them clearly.
It is just you need to carry a bird-watch.
I also noticed that there might be student tickets available on the day of performance depends on the availability and it is $27.50 each and start sale at 10Am on the day of performance, plus you get to have orchestra seat.
I don't want to risk not getting any ticket, so I purchased the cheapest one early.
When the big day came, 9/23/2009. I arrived just 10 minutes before the show and decide to try my luck.
I saw a post saying they also have rush hour tickets available for sale $22.50 each.
The sale starts 2 hr before the show.
Well well, I still have some time, so I decide to try my luck, maybe I'll have good luck.
So I approached the box office and asked if they still have rush or student tickets?
To my surprise, he responded yes, they have both!!
I am very happy and ask which one get better seat? He said "student".
Ok! I told him I want one student ticket. $27.5 :)
Then I hand him over my cheap ticket said "please give it to whoever need it for free, now I get better seat"
He was confused a bit and I explained a bit~ anyways, he finally understand and smile at me said "the seat you got generally worth $225".
I am pleased! Although I could save even more if I didn't purchase the cheap one before, but anyways, I ended up paying total of $50 to see this amazing show and seat like a celebrity!
I dressed up for this event and love the show, it is a wonderful night.
I should have come more often whenever there is chance.
The thing is, it runs so late and when I get home it is 2:00 am.
Kind of dangerous~ but the opera always run so late, can't help ><

No comments:

Post a Comment