Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The 39 Steps

03/28/2009 Helen Hayes Theater. Broadway 8:00 PM. I have no idea what this show is about at all. I am like a blank paper. The reason why I choose this show simply because the review online is on the top of the list (Top 5). Out of curiosity, and also, this show offered limited student ticket with $30. To take advantage of my student ID and to satisfy myself with shows~ I would definitely give it a try.
Wiki said "The Thirty-Nine Steps is an adventure novel by the British author (and future Governor General of Canada) John Buchan, first published in 1915 by William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh. It is the first of five novels featuring Richard Hannay, an all-action hero with a stiff upper lip and a miraculous habit of getting himself out of sticky situations. The novel formed the basis for a number of film adaptations, notably Alfred Hitchcock's 1935 version, a 1959 colour remake, a more faithful 1978 version, and a 2008 version for British television."
This is a fantastic show, I keep wondering how can a thrilled movie being transformed into such a wonderful performance on stage. It is incredible.
The casts are:
Man#1: Jeffrey Kuhn
Man#2: Arnie Burton
Richard Hannay: Sean Mahon
Annabella Schmidt/Pamela/Margret: Francesca Faridany
I have say, all four of these actors and actress are amazing, especially Man#1 and Man#2. They have to play several different roles and they did it so well so you can get right into the story.
The acting and scene design is totally genius. They use the least amount of materials and "Act" the scene. All thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment