Thursday, March 5, 2009

Live cooking show and make your own sushi

02/17/2009 Neilson's Rectangular Room 7:00 pm. Featuring Chef "Dave" I attended this cooking show expecting to see chef performance. Surprisingly, everyone participated the show can roll their own sushi with chef. No wonder there are only 30 seats. The dining court prepare all the materials need for the show. They are very thoughtful, even prepare the handout in case we need a reference now or in the future. Since we only have 30 people, everyone get to stand in front of chef and he demonstrated us how to make a roll. Dave is a shy chef, didn't see him speak much, even when he was teaching, it seems like he is talking to himself. Our turn, everyone make their own sushi rolls. My goal is to make fish sushi, it is a pity that the dining court wouldn't allow raw fish, so I use smoked salmon and cooked white fish instead. Here are the materials I use. They said my roll is the largest sushi roll they've ever seen. I didn't believe it, but that comment made me proud of myself ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment